Job vacancy – Parish Secretary
35 hours pw
The Parish of Trinity is looking to appoint a Parish Secretary to lead the small administration team and other Parish support staff in delivering services to parishioners. Applicants who can demonstrate strong administration skills, can communicate effectively with all levels of contacts, understand finances and have leadership skills to run the day-to-day administration of the Parish office are invited to apply.
The postholder will:
- Lead and manage the office, manual and cleaning staff in accordance with Parish policies
- Ensure that the Parish’s affairs are managed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support to and deal with correspondence in liaison with the Connétable,
- Be responsible for ensuring that Parish properties are maintained, insured and secure at all times
- Be responsible for oversight of the Parish finances and assisting the Connétable in the preparation and monitoring of budgets
- Attend all Parish Assemblies and Committee meetings, taking minutes and attend Parish Secretary meetings representing the Parish
- Have an understanding of parochial matters
- have a track record of providing similar administrative support
- can oversee and manage finances
- have strong communication skills in all dealings with Parish officials and the public
- be highly organised
- have a proactive approach to work
- be computer literate.
Some flexibility in working hours may be required occasionally and candidates should be willing to learn about other office systems to provide cover across the office.
Applicants with at least 5 years residency should forward a CV to the Connétable ([email protected]) and will receive a full job description in return. The closing date for applications is 22nd July 2022.