Elections OverviewSeurvaie d’Êlections
When is a Public Election held?
A public election is held to elect:
- the Connétable, Centeniers and Procureurs du Bien Public of each Parish; and
- Deputies for each constituency (a group of two or three Parishes, each of the Parishes of St Brelade, St Clement and St Saviour or an area within the Parish for St Helier). From June 2022 Deputies will represent one of 9 constituencies.
The Royal Court will order each Public Election. Dates of forthcoming elections will be advertised on the Parish website and also on vote.je.
The next elections for Centeniers is on 8 June 2022 with nomination meetings held in late April 2022. Further details and nomination form below.
Elections for Connétables and Deputies will be held on Wednesday 22 June 2022.
- Polling stations will be open from 8am to 8pm on Wednesday 22 June 2022
- Pre-poll voting will be available at St Paul’s Centre, St Paul’s Gate, St Helier from 8.30am to 5pm from Monday 13 to Thursday 16 June 2022 and from 8.30am to 4pm on Friday 17 June 2022.
- Postal voting applications must be submitted by 12noon on Wednesday 1 June 2022 – application form below.
If you meet the criteria you may apply to register as an elector. Apply online or complete and return the PDF form to your Parish Hall.
An election for one Procureur du Bien Public in each Parish is held every 18 months. The next elections will be March 2023 with nomination meetings held in each Parish in early 2023 (if there are more candidates than vacancies a poll will be held). Those elected will take the oath of office in March 2023.
Elections for Centeniers are held every 9 months. The next elections will be June 2022 with nomination meetings held in each Parish in April 2022 (if there are more candidates than vacancies a poll will be held on Wednesday 8 June 2022). Those elected will take the oath of office in June 2022.
The time, date and place of the nomination meetings are advertised in the Jersey Gazette online. To vote in an election your name must be included on the electoral register by midday on the day before the nomination meeting.
Elections for 12 Connétables (one for each Parish) and for Deputies in constituencies (a group of parishes, a parish or a parish district) are held every four years. The next elections are on 22 June 2022 (see vote.je for further information and results). At the 2022 elections the position of Senator is abolished and Deputies will be elected to represent 9 constituencies.
Guidance for election candidates has been issued by the Office of the Information Commissioner as is available at https://www.jerseyoic.org/resource-room/guidance-for-election-candidates/